Friday, November 6, 2009




After my son Lucas was born, I decided to write a book to him about the joys, struggles and hilarious moments of his childhood. I titled it Chicken Soup for Lucas' Soul. I wanted him to have something to look back on when he was a father or if I, for some reason, couldn't be around to retell these stories to him. He and his little sister Katie are the sheer reason for my existence and I can't hardly even remember life before them! I love these kids more than they will ever know and more than words can describe. Anyways, these stories are based on them and I hope you enjoy!



Meeting My Little Man

Seeing your beautiful face for the first time is an experience I will never forget or never do justice in trying to describe. After nine months of a great pregnancy, in which you surpassed all of the doctor's expectations, and nine and a half hours of hard labor, you made your entry after just fifteen minutes of pushing! I first noticed your big brown eyes and your jet black hair. Mamaw noticed your very defined dimples! You arrived very peacefully. So peacefully in fact, the nurse had to repeatedly hit your backside to get you to cry! You had the most curious expression on your face. I should have known then what an inquisitive child I was blessed with! The nurses took you away to clean you and get your body temperature warmer. I kept reaching out to hold you but had to wait! Daddy and Mamaw rushed to your side and began to take the first of millions of pictures! You grabbed Daddy's finger like you had been waiting to meet him! I always imagined myself crying when I had a baby, and I did some, but it's hard to cry when you have a smile as big as Texas on your face!! I had just met the seven pound three ounce baby who would forever change mine and Daddy's lives. You were everything I needed and wanted. When our eyes met, I knew you knew I was your mother. I nursed you and remembered thinking that I could stare into those brown eyes forever! I knew everyone was outside waiting to meet you but I wasn't ready to share you yet! I did cry when Mamaw held you because for the first time I felt a mother's love and knew how much she loved me as well. Finally, I let everyone else come in. Mama' came in and Daddy introduced you to his mom which is a moment I will always remember. Your Papa came next and tried to hold back his tears of pride and joy. Rudy was too scared to hold you and Billy only held you for a minute before he got scared!! Victor said you looked like a dinosaur!! I actually wanted to punch him for that!! Many people came to meet you over the next several days and they all said the same things..that you were a beautiful, perfect, little boy! I agreed! When you were growing inside of me, I would imagine what you would look like and how much I would love you. Within the first sixty seconds of meeting you, however, you surpassed all I could of hoped for. I love you!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for many more posts. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!!! i want more followers before i add more! Get me some followers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the story! You brought tears to my eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for following me kristen!!! Blogging makes me feel naked! It's so raw!

    ReplyDelete